German Advent & Christmas & Silvester Course
Vienna is a magic place around Christmas! Arts and crafts markets, delicious Austrian food and wonderfully decorated streetlights make it an amazing attraction. Enjoy the unique atmosphere and combine it with a German Course of 2 weeks or more.
We offer suitable courses for all levels, from beginners to advanced language learners.
With your friends from the ActiLingua German Course you will spend a magical and unforgettable Christmas in Vienna.
Special Christmas/New Year's Discount
Book at least two weeks of German course and benefit from a 10% discount on our course prices!
|Lessons:||25 per week: German course (20) + cultural/special interest programme (5) |
35 per week: German course (20) + minigroup (10) + cultural/special interest programme (5)
|Group size:||average 8 - max. 12.|
|Starting dates:||Dec 18, 2017 / Dec 27, 2017 or Jan 02, 2018 (Total beginners see below)|
|Starting dates beginners:||Jan 02, 2018|
|Minimum age:||16 years.|
- You study for four lessons every morning orafternoon from Monday to Friday.
- You study in groups of an average of 8 and a maximum of 12 participants.
- In multinational groups you will learn a lot about foreign cultures.
- You have sufficient free time for self study, sightseeing or relaxing.
- The main emphasis is placed on improving your general German and your communication skills. Lessons in grammar and conversation help you with syntax and vocabulary building. You practice formal and informal letter writing, and work on listening and reading comprehension.
- Each group is taught by two teachers per day in order to ensure more varied and stimulating instruction. Hence, participants are made familiar with different individual styles of teaching, teacher personalities and variations in pronunciation of modern German.
- 20 or 30 lessons German course per week (1 lesson = 45 minutes)
- 5 lessons (2-3 times) cultural/special interest programme per week: e.g. Vienna guided tours; talks and videos about Austrian music, art, history, literature and architecture; Viennese Waltz course; parties; sports
- Accommodation as booked (use of kitchen included)
- ActiLingua Certificate
- ActiLingua vocabulary book
- Course books may be borrowed for the whole course. Books can be bought at a 50% discount from the school office.
- Use of computers, books, CD’s, DVD’s and magazines in the multimedia library
- Student service at the school office, Monday - Friday
- Free internet access & free WLAN/Wi-Fi
- Student manual with interesting tips on Vienna
- ActiLingua Card entitling holder to discounts at a number of museums, theatres, restaurants and shops
Christmas in Vienna
Vienna is a wonderful place for a German Christmas course. During advent the city is filled with charming Christmas markets, selling handicrafts, gifts, jewellery and delicious Austrian food! Particular favourites at this time of year include ‘Glühwein’ (mulled wine), ‘Lebkuchenherzen’ (heart-shaped gingerbread biscuits) and roasted almonds. ‘Weihnachten’ in Vienna is the epitome of a traditional Christmas, full of Christmas spirit!
Our German language school in Vienna is centrally located, within easy reach of Stephansplatz, the world-famous Christkindlmarkt at the Rathausplatz and other notable tourist attractions. The school is exceptionally well-equipped with its own cafeteria, library and media center and provides free Internet access, making it easy to send your Christmas wishes to friends and family!
Stay in the Actilingua Residence, just 10 minutes from the school building by underground. Share a “Standard” apartment with other German language students and make new friends from all over the world or enjoy the privacy of your own “Superior ensuite” apartment. All apartments provide a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and toilette. Free wireless internet access, TV, radio and telephone are available in all rooms.
Discover the beauty of Austrian winters and lovingly decorated parts of Vienna! Excursions to traditional Christmas markets and modern art exhibitions are in the cultural programme as well as gospel concerts and night strolls through the city centre.
Sample of Activities:
- ActiLingua Christmas Party – eat cookies together, drink Punsch and sing German Christmas carols!
- ActiLingua Film evening with a Christmas movie
- Half-day excursion - Museumsquartier and the Christmasmarket at Spittelberg
- Half-day excursion – Ice skating at the Rathausplatz
- Excursion – Skiing at the Stuhleck or the Semmering
- International Advent Singing at the Vienna city hall, every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from December 1 to 24, 2017, 3.30 - 7.00 pm. Admission is free.
- “Turmblasen im Advent” daily at the Rathausplatz from December 1 until 23 from 8.00 – 8.30 pm. Admission is free.
- Concert at “Wiener Musikverein”. Standing room tickets are available at the ticket office at the Wiener Musikverein, 7 weeks before the performance starts. Tickets from EUR 5,00.
- Spend an evening at one of the famous Viennese Christmas markets. Eg. Altwiener Christmas Market, Christmas Market at Schonbrunn Palace, Rathausplatz, Belvedere Palace or Spittelberg.
- “Silvesterpfad” On New Year’s Eve from 2pm to 2am, Vienna's Old Town turns in a huge party area with punch, culinary delights, shows and fireworks. Admission is free.