In 2008, our year-round school for adult learners 16+ moved
into a newly renovated, centrally located building close to the
- Modern school with 6 bright, welcoming, tastefully furnished
classrooms in a typically Viennese Art Nouveau building.
- Centrally located in Vienna's embassy district; opposite
"Schloss Belvedere". City centre (Stephansplatz) 15
minutes away by public transport.
- ActiLingua multimedia library featuring 17 workplaces
with computers and free internet access.
- Free WLAN/Wi-Fi in the whole school. Newspapers, magazines,
DVDs and CDs can be borrowed.
- Student lounge with coffee, cold beverages and snacks.
- 10-15 additional classrooms next door at the ActiLingua-Dependance
Sacré Coeur for our Holiday Course 16-19 and
- Air conditioned, non-smoking
- Small international study groups: maximum class size:
12 students (Standard Course) or 8 students (Intensive Course).
- All teachers are native speakers of German, highly
qualified and enthusiastic, and receive regular training.
- Modern equipment and communicative teaching methods.
- Special courses: Business German, Academic Year
and University Preparation, German and Music, German and
Work Experience, German and Wintersports.
- Examination centre for the Austrian German Language
Diploma OSD, University entrance certificates (OSD - B2 Mittelstufe
Deutsch and C1 Oberstufe Deutsch).
- Starting dates: every Monday.
Academy Residence with 20 Superior and Standard Apartmens
with hotel service. Well-furnished and modern apartments
await you in a recently renovated Art Nouveau building in a quiet
location. Both the school and the city centre are reachable
in 10-15 minutes by public transport.
Superior Apartments: Your own apartment (30-40
m2) for single use with private bathroom and toilet.
Sat TV, radio and free WLAN/Wi-Fi.
Standard Apartments: You live in a single or twin
room with other ActiLingua students in an apartment (60-75
m2) with Sat TV, radio, free WLAN/Wi-Fi. Shared use of kitchen,
bathroom and toilet.
Service: Rooms are cleaned Monday through Friday. Bed linen
and towels are provided.
Service: Rooms are cleaned twice a week. Bed linen is provided;
please bring your own towels.
Availability: Year round
Meals: The apartments feature a fully equipped
kitchen with fridge, cooking facilities, crockery
and cutlery; perfect for preparing your own food in a private
You can also book breakfast or half-board. Our breakfast
buffet features freshly-baked rolls, croissants, ham,
cheese, fruits, yoghurt and muesli.
If you opt for half-board, lunch is available
in a nice restaurant close to the school.
family: shared or single rooms, with breakfast or half-board.
Apartments: Accommodation in a well-maintained flat, shared
with other ActiLingua students - single or twin room with shared
bathroom and kitchen.
- Vienna city walks, lectures about Austrian
art and culture, Viennese waltz courses, sports
and many more are included in the price.
- Excursions on weekends: we visit Salzburg, the Wachau
region, Budapest, Lake Neusiedl and many other destinations at
world-wide recognition and international accreditation
- ÖSD examination centre: internationally recognised certificates,
initiated by the Austrian Ministry of Education and the Ministry
of Foreign Affairs
- IALC (International Association of Language Centers): ActiLingua
is the only Austrian member of the association of quality language
- Campus Austria: national Austrian language school association