| VIENNA & TRAVEL
Vienna - Europe's cultural capital
Vienna - by many considered to be the cultural capital of Europe
- is a modern metropolis with unique atmosphere and considerable
charme. It provides excellent infrastructure, is clean and safe
with a stimulating cultural calendar. All this contributes to a
remarkable language learning holiday.
- Vienna - city of art, culture and music; tourist-metropolis
on the banks of the Danube.
- Safe city with an excellent public transport network of underground
trains, trams and buses.
- High quality of life: Along
with Zürich and Vancouver, Vienna takes first place in a
world-wide survey of quality of life in 215 cities.
- Good price level.
- Moderate and mild climate. Average summer temperatures 20°C
to 30°C, average winter tempera-tures around 0°C.
- Famous sights as for example the imperial Hofburg, Schönbrunn
Palace, Belvedere Palace, splendour buildings at the Ring Boulevard,
medieval narrow streets and baroque squares.
City of Music
- Vienna has been synonymous with music for centuries, and was
home to Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert and Johann Strauss.
- This outstanding musical heritage has been preserved right
to the present day: The Wiener Philharmoniker, one of the worlds
top orchestras, international award-winners of the Vienna Conservatorium
and a lively young music scene.
City of art and culture
For detailed information go to our section on 'Vienna'
of the english version of Actilingua pages.
- Theatre, film, dance-festivals.
- Opera, operetta and musicals.
- Exhibitions and concerts.
- Art treasures in museums, listed art nouveau underground stations.
- Famous coffee houses, traditional wine-taverns (Heurige),