Winter Holiday German Course with Wintersports
Learn German and go skiing
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to combine a German course with a day's skiing or snowboarding in your winter holidays. Effortlessly improve your German skills in the pleasant atmosphere of a small group, before setting off for fun on the pistes at one of Austria's world famous skiing resorts.
|Lessons:||20 + 5/ 30 + 5 per week|
|Starting Dates:||December to March Every Monday. Total beginners see below.|
|Starting Dates Beginners:|
|Minimum age:||16 years|
You attend your German course from Monday to Friday in Vienna, then head off to the ski slopes at the weekend. Skiing or snowboarding equipment can be hired on location.
Semmering, Lower Austria/ Stuhleck, Styria
At an elevation of 700 - 1640 m, the World Cup resort Stuhleck/Semmering offers over 20 km of pistes for all levels of difficulty, 10 skiing lifts - among them Austria's longest chairlift - and a snowboarding fun park at just 1 ½ hours train journey from Vienna. More...
Zauberberg Hirschenkogel / Semmering, Lower Austria
Hirschenkogel is proud of its well-cared for slopes, 3 of them capable of hosting FIS-World Cup races. It is also the largest late night skiing resort in Austria: 6 of its slopes and the fun park are well lit and allow for night time skiing. More...
Hohe Wand-Wiese, Vienna
Did you know that Vienna is the only capital in the world that has seen a FIS World Cup race within city limits? The "Hohe Wand-Wiese", just half an hour by public transport from the city centre, allows you to put in a quick day's skiing or snowboarding whenever you feel like it. More...
- 20 lessons German course per week (1 lesson = 45 minutes)
- 5 lessons (2-3 times) cultural/special interest programme per week: e.g. Vienna guided tours; talks and videos about Austrian music, art, history, literature and architecture; Viennese Waltz course; parties; sports
- Accommodation as booked (use of kitchen included)
- ActiLingua Certificate
- ActiLingua vocabulary book
- Course books may be borrowed for the whole course. Books can be bought at a 50% discount from the school office.
- Use of computers, books, CDs, DVDs and magazines in the multimedia library
- Student service at the school office, Monday - Friday
- Free internet access & free WLAN/Wi-Fi
- Student manual with interesting tips on Vienna
- ActiLingua Card entitling holder to discounts at a number of museums, theatres, restaurants and shops
|High season surcharge |
(July 2 - August 26, 2017)
|Twin room for single use (Supplement on Residence)||89.-||per week|
|Transfer (from airport/station)||40.-||one way|
|Cancellation insurance||4%||of total amount|
|Travel insurance package||16.-||per week|
|Public transport||16.20||per week|
|Pocket money||70.-||per week|