Vienna Insider TipsQuesto sito è disponibile solo in inglese.
Our recommandations for a great time in Vienna
Your ActiLingua Card
With your included ActiLingua-Card you gain special conditions for museum entrances, rental services for sports, events, and so much more.
To profit from this special conditions, your ActiLingua Card must be presented at each operator. For further information and details feel free to contact us or just ask at the school’s secretary!
- Relaxing Parks - the green hideaways of Vienna - Burggarten, Volksgarten, Wiener Prater, Stadtpark, Rathauspark and the Danube Island
- Public Fitness Gyms - Club Danube, EuroGYM and fitness club Heimlich offer a wide range of sports; e.g. tennis, squash, badminton, gymnastics, aerobics. With your ActiLingua-Card, you profit from special prices at Fitness club Heimlich.
- Musical, Concerts, Operas, top events - For more information visit www.oeticket.com or www.wien-ticket.at. Your ActiLingua Card entitles you to a discount up to 50% on a Mozartkonzert.
- Museums - Art and culture lovers can enjoy an exciting mix of museums, exhibitions, history, architecture and lifestyle. For some hot tips have a look at http://www.wien.info/en.
- Culinary Vienna - We definitely recommend a visit to a Heurigen with wine tasting and a Sacher cake in one of the traditional Viennese coffee houses. Do not forget to treat yourself to a snack at a typical “Würstelstand” (sidewalk sausage stand).
- Zumba - For a more intense training you can try the popular sport Zumba to really get your system going to spicy latin rhythms. ZumbaFit offers free trials every week whether you are a beginner or a seasoned dancer! http://www.zumbafit.at/
- Friday Night Skating - Every Friday from May to September, you can embark on a journey of discovery through Vienna along with thousands of skaters and cyclists. Departure is at 9pm from “Heldenplatz”. You can also rent skates at favourable prices when showing your ActiLingua card at the bike and skate rental service Copa Cagrana on the U1 station Donauinsel
- Bike and Segway tours - sounds like a lot of fun on two wheels! Bike and skate rental service: at the Copa Cagrana on the U1 station Donauinsel, makes it possible! Our ActiLingua students can rent bicycles, scooters, inline skates and go-karts at special prices. This location is also ideal as a starting point for a Danube island tour.
- Golf - Vienna is ideal for golfing: its mild climate and beautiful scenery of Austria's capital all contribute to an enjoyable holiday for the passionate golfer. Depending on your handicap you can choose from various golf clubs in the vincinity of Vienna, for example Club Danube Golf-Wien, Süssenbrunn or Golf Club am Wienerberg
- Dancingstudios - BigsMile and arriOla are the most popular ones amongst Viennese dancers. You can choose from hip-hop, dancehall, funky jazz, street dance, breakdance and much more.
Dance school Schmidtschläger offers special conditions for ActiLingua students.
- Indoor climbing - Another interesting insider tip are the indoor rock climbing halls of Vienna: Kletterhalle Wien, ÖTK Kletterhalle and Kletterhalle Marswiese. All climbing gyms have a generous range of courses for all ages and levels. You can rent the equipment on site.
- Christmas Markets - If you visit Vienna in December, you will see them everywhere: a vast number of Christmas Markets. Whether it is hot punch, mulled wine, sweets or artisan products, you can find almost anything there. A walk through a Christmas Market is especially magical during the evening.
- Viennale - In October and November, Vienna turns into a paradise for movie lovers as it is time for the Viennale. For two weeks, this international film festival will show movies of various genres from all around the world every day.
- Ice skating - The Wiener Eistraum promises to be an especially memorable experience. You can enjoy ice skating in front of the impressive backdrop of City Hall.