Viaggiare in AustriaQuesto sito è disponibile solo in inglese.
Depending on your country of origin, you may or may not require a visa to enter Austria. Here, you find all relevant information you should consider if you want to apply a German language course in Vienna.
- Entry to Austria without visa
Citizens of EU member states (inkl. new EU members, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)
Citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, North Macedonia and Montenegro are able to enter Austria without a visa, if they have the new EU-passport (biometric passport).
- Entry without a visa for up to 3 months
Andorra El Salvador Nicaragua Urugay Antigua & Barbuda Grenada Panama Venezuela Argentina Guatemala Paraguay Australia Honduras Rumania Bahamas Honkong Samoa Barbados Israel San Marino Brazil Japan Seychelles Brunei Macau Saint Lucia Bulgaria Malaysia St. Vincent & The Grenadines Canada Mauritius St. Christoph & Nevis Chile Mexico Taiwan Costa Rica Moldova Trinidad & Tobago Croatia Monaco United Arab Emirates Dominica New Zealand United States of America
- Entry without a visa for up to 6 months:
- You can only apply for or extend a visa from your home country.
- You cannot extend a visa while in Austria.
- You cannot apply for a residence permit after you have entered the country without a visa (if you didn't need one) or after entering on a tourist visa C. Exceptions include US citizens among others.
- Visa applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks before departure. Account for more time before and during the summer months.
- Residence permits should be applied for at least 2-3 months before departure
- Schengen visa up to 3 months.
For German courses Visa C is issued for the exact duration (max. 90 days per 6 months) of the booked and payed for course.
Schengen VISA Information
Prices: (payable at the embassy) ca. EUR 60.-
- issued to students and language course students in Austria for a duration of max. 3-6 months.
Prices: (payable at the embassy) ca. EUR 100.-
Documents required for Visa C and D:
- Complete & signed application form(s)
- Passfoto gemäß den ICAO-Kriterien (Farbe, 35x45mm)
- Valid passport (at least two empty pages; not older than 10 years; valid for at least another 3 months) as well as a photocopy of the passport
- Letter of invitation: course- and accommodation confirmation ActiLingua or student confirmation
- Proof for means of travel (reservation or ticket)
- Travel-, health- and accident insurance (min. coverage: EUR 30,000.-)
- Proof of sufficient financial means
- Certificate of employment
- Certified/Authenticated letter of authority from legal guardians of minors travelling alone.
For any further information regarding visa matters please contact the Austrian Embassy or Consulate in your country. They will inform you about the current regulations. For the list of Austrian consulates please check the homepage of the Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.Residence Permit – Students (RP)
For stays exceeding 180 days (6 months)
To be issued the "Residence Permit – Students" a letter of acceptance from one of these institutions is required:
- University/Technical College/Accredited private university
- College of Education or an accredited private degree programme
- For legal entry into Austria, an application for a national Visa D and for a residence permit is required. This has to be applied for at the Austrian Embassy in your home country.
- Initial application has to be submitted and issued in the respective home country, before entry into Austria
- The RP has to be picked up in person at the municipal department for immigration & citizenship (MA35) in Vienna.
In case no letter of acceptance can be submitted, only a Visa D for max. 6 months can be issued. After its expiration it is possible to apply for a “Residence Permit – Students” in the home country, provided that the letter of acceptance can be submitted.Invitation letter
- Pay the total amount for the course and accommodation. ActiLingua will then send you a course confirmation.
- Visa support fee: EUR 100.-
- Should you need the original confirmation and the visa invitation letter from ActiLingua, we can send you the documents by express curier. (DHL-Express: EUR 75.-)
- Upon receiving your payment, we will send you your voucher (booking details & confirmation)
In case the visa application is declined we will refund the paid fee excl. an administration fee of EUR 198.- until 4 working days prior to arrival (only if confirmation of embassy can be submitted). After that, our cancellation policy applies.
For any further information regarding visa matters please contact the Austrian Embassy or Consulate in your country.
|China||Lebanon||and many more|